Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Do not stand at my grave and weep - Mary Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jake said...

oh nice! was looking for this for sometime now ...

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This poem was unattributed and different 25years ago. I still remember the original poem.

Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am the thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am sunlight on ripening grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush

of winged birds in circled flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home