Thursday, October 28, 2004

Some Frost

Hi ,

Robert Frost has written some of the most widely discussed poems, essentially simple, which can hold you spellbound just by the thought. For those who have read 'Stopping by the Woods...' and 'The Road Not Taken' I need to say no more . These, I thought, are nice ones.

The Jack ;)

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Robert Frost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home